The first city you see arriving in Ukraine is Kyiv - the capital of Ukraine. An ancient but now modern and vibrant 24 hour city and river port on the Dnieper River. Amazing bars, clubs and restaurants. Many museums and religious institutions especially the catacombs of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (Lavra means holiest site), St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael's Cathedral, etc.; population 2,765,500 Founded in the 8th century by Viking royalty, it became capital of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic in 1934 and of independent Ukraine in 1991.
Located on both banks of the largest river in Ukraine – The mighty Dnipro, flanked to the East by sandy beaches. It’s a popular past time to bath and swim. From Kyiv it is a short bus ride to greatest (largest) open-air museum in the world, which represents the architecture and life of Ukrainian folk life from every region of Ukraine. You will step back in time and see Ukraine from a traditional village point of view. A must see experience. See our photo gallery below.
You will have free time to relax in the hotel (2 hrs.). Then we will escort you to experience traditional Ukrainian cuisine and a pleasant surprise from the company.
Day 2: The next day, You’ll see the best and most interesting places Kiev has to offer:
• Churches and temples of the city especially the catacombs of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (Lavra means holiest site), St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael’s Cathedral, etc.).
• The city square (Maidan in Ukrainian) and the streets of the capital, including the shrines to past tragic events of the revolution on the central road – Khreshchatyk.
• The most interesting ethnological and historical museums … (list)
And spend the evening in a cozy restaurant or cafe in the heart of Kiev.
Day 3: On you get acquainted with one of the greatest (largest) open-air museums in the world, which represents the architecture and life of Ukrainian folk life from every region of Ukraine. The museum is located in the countryside in the former historic village ofPiroho “Cake”. A site often used as a movie or TV backdrop when representing historical, rural Ukraine. A must see, you will be transported back in time.
You can select a way to get around the museum: 1) walk. You must wear comfortable shoes as the territory is quite large and a folding chair or mat.
2) using a bike that you can rent at the museum
3) Take the electric golf cart style bus
After returning to the city, you will have an unforgettable evening walking along the Dnieper River promenade and a short cruise of the Dnipro by large boat.
As in the shorter tour but we add:
Day 4: Visiting Ukrainian Exclusion Zone – Chernobyl Tour (optional!) If you do not like this kind of tourism – this you will be free to take walks through the city or re-explore places of interest.
Day 5: Your choice of three options for that date:
1) Visit the museums,
2) Watching an educational film about Ukraine
3) Medical tourism (Optional: consultation with dentists Doctors, Beautician etc Contact us prior so we can organise a consultation appointment and interpreter).
4) Or you can just stay in the hotel and spend the day at your discretion.
5 evening of the day, regardless of the option chosen, you will find spa services (optional) at the best spa Kyiv, then dinner at a restaurant of your choice, we wil lorganise an English speaking taxi drop off and pickup
If you wish to spend a few days in the capital of Ukraine, you have the opportunity to use medical or cosmetic services; visit the theater or a philharmonic orchestra, visit more restaurants and cafes, or visiting your relatives.